Re: Microsyntax parsing rules for numbers

Simon Pieters wrote:
> Mozilla checks if the next character is [a-fA-F] and if so, act as if
> the attribute was absent. It does this for maxlength, hspace, vspace,
> border, cols, rows, size, span, colspan, rowspan, cellpadding,
> cellspacing, topmargin, leftmargin, marginwidth, marginheight,
> scrollamount, scrolldelay, start, value.
>
> For other attributes (e.g. width and height) IE and Mozilla match HTML5.

Odd.  We do the same thing for width and height that we do for
everything else, as far as I can tell...

So <input width="500f"> will look just like <input> in Mozilla
(certainly does over here).

I do agree that treating a-fA-F garbage as special is a bit weird; it's
an artifact of using a general-purpose string-to-integer function which
treats this case as a hex number where a decimal one was expected and
returns an "unable to parse string" error.

-Boris