Re: Form-associated elements in the parsing algorithm

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Ah, ok.  Note that <option> also has a |form| DOM attribute, but in
> Gecko this is done by getting the |form| of the corresponding <select>
> instead of making the <option> directly form-associated.

Indeed, that's what is currently specced too:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#dom-option-form

Are you saying I should do that for <legend> instead of making it
form-associated? That would certainly make the spec and implementations
simpler, and would mean we didn't have to have a form="" content attribute
on <legend>.