Re: Media element events

On Dec 2, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:

> Another thing is that there are quite many events. The use cases for
> all events aren't clear to us. Maybe some of them could be grouped
> together into a single readystatechange event? Maybe also
> networkstatechange? Maybe some could be dropped?

   I agree that there are a lot of events, and actually we have also
been talking about coalescing all of the ready state and network state
events into readystatechange and networkstatechange. One potential
problem with this is that a script could miss state transitions
because the readyState or networkState attributes may have changed
between the time an event is posted and when the script's listener is
triggered. I haven't thought this through enough to know if it will be
a serious problem or not.

eric