Re: Are new void elements really a good idea?

HI Anne,

On Aug 31, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:22:14 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de
> > wrote:
>> On the other hand, what, except ideological reasons, stops us from
>> allowing
>>
>>  <tagname></tagname>
>>
>> as well?

Legacy parsing for errors differs from one legacy UA to the next. It
hasn't been specified. Or are you actually referring to the BR element
which is not an unknown element (the topic of this thread). Again it
hasn't been specified, but the major browser do probably handle it
that way. Though like I said, not the topic of this thread.

Take care,
Rob