on getting meta-data from images etc.

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:09:00 -0700
To: public-html@w3.org

I believe (and someone can correct me if I am wrong) that DOM access
to image/video meta-data is problematic beause of cross-site
scripting:  e.g. you design a page which you persuade me to load,
that manages to load an apple-internal image (which you can't see but
I can) which is titled "iPhone 5G desktop model", and your scripts
extract that info. from the image and send it back to you....
--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime