Re: Validating XHTML5 with XML entities

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:14:51 +0100, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I can create a ticket and submit a 100-line patch to the WP project,
> but I'm worried that getting this accepted by the WordPress
> powers-that-be will be challenging, especially considering my last few
> patches that languished for months (and those patches prevented Yellow
> Screens of Death - the XHTML equivalent of a 'segfault').

If WordPress was using XML serializer, there would be no such problems and
entities wouldn't be an issue, but WordPress is designed to work in
text/html mode and takes very poor, error-prone approach to generating
markup.

HTML5 has text/html parsing mode exactly for interoperability with such
software. It even allows XML-like syntax that WordPress uses, so all you
have to change is DOCTYPE.

WordPress isn't really an XML generator and IMHO XHTML5 shouldn't be bent
to support it.

--
regards, Kornel LesiƄski