Re: table headers - clear description of problem

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:51:20 -0400
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On 26 Aug 2008, at 11:11 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>  (It seems to me that implementation-wise the right place to put
> the association algorithm is browser engines that report stuff to
> AT--not AT itself.)

+1 to that idea

This fits neatly with what Laura said earlier.  Not that the client
is frozen,
but that there is an orderly process to manage change with continuity
of service.

<quote
cite="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2008Aug/0265.html">
Grandfather it into the spec until it can be demonstrated that the
HTML5 replacement works better and is in service.
</quote>

Al