Re: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:30:50 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Given that the long term goal is universal video support, that doesn't
>> seem too bad. Similar to people using libraries for Web Forms 2.0 in
>> browsers that do not support it yet.
>
> Except here I have to work around designed-in limitations of the spec
> instead of obvious legacy issues.  Which raises the question of why
> we're designing in those limitations.

I don't really follow I'm afraid. The idea behind using <video> is to show
a video. If all browsers have video support (long term) there's no need to
fallback. At that point authors don't have to do much more than <video
src=geweldig></video> and make sure the geweldig resource is accessible.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>