Re: About video & audio elements

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:05:39 +0100
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
To: Nicolas LE GALL <me@neovov.com>

On 25 Aug 2008, at 12:37, Nicolas LE GALL wrote:

> - Is there any DRM support planned ? (I'm not asking for all video/
> audio to be signed, but I know a bunch of company who will prefer
> some proprietary technologies like Flash and his H.264 codec who
> support DRM than a semantic element which improve their Google rating)

There's nothing stopping a container/codec with DRM from being used
right now. I presume Saf 3.1/OS X plays FairPlay encrypted files right
now. The spec can never require any DRM encrypted format to be used,
as that would mean the DRM format being openly documented, making it
entirely useless.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>