Re: Deliverable for Action 72 @headers

From: William Loughborough <wloughborough@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:14:22 -0700
To: "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: "Gez Lemon" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, "Joshue O Connor" <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
"We" are never (in any realistic time sense) going to "reach" CR. It will be
a string of editors' (or editor's, as I understand the current situation)
working drafts for the next few years. This will simply not be a
consensus-reaching process. The best thing to do is skip this whole HTML 5
diversion and get on with making "everyone/everything/everywhere/always
connected" - which already has a great start with the billions of telephones
already connected to the Web. HTML 5 has no possibility of helping with the
"One World, One Web" dream that will happen well before we quit arguing
about alt attributes, etc.