Re: some reflections on @alt usage

Ian wrote:
> As far as I am aware, this is all in line with what I've said since before
> the working group voted to have me be editor.

Something to keep in mind is that the working group decision on editors was for TWO editors[1].  Ian was supposed to be an editor. Dave Hyatt was supposed to be an editor.

In April 2007 regarding his nomination as co-editor, Dave wrote [2] to Dan on public-html:
> I can assure you that my perspective will not be identical to Ian's.

Back in  November 2007 Gregory asked:
> and i am concerned that dave hyatt is a semi-mythical being...  when
> will he speak for himself on list, let alone participate in HTML WG
> teleconferences?

To that Dave replied  [3]:
> I will have more time to participate now that Leopard has shipped.

Dave has posted 46 times to public-html [4]. The last one was five and a half months ago on March 10.

Two active editors with different perspectives would have been beneficial providing some balance.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/htmlbg/results#xhtml5eds
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/1358.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0035.html
[4] http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/advanced_search?keywords=&hdr-1-name=subject&hdr-1-query=&hdr-2-name=from&hdr-2-query=hyatt%40apple.com&hdr-3-name=message-id&hdr-3-query=&period_month=&period_year=&index-grp=Public__FULL&index-type=t&type-index=public-html&resultsperpage=100&sortby=date

--
Laura L. Carlson