Re: meta content-language

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:36:39 +0200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, 'HTML WG' <public-html@w3.org>, "www-international@w3.org" <www-international@w3.org>

Julian Reschke 2008-08-22 16.23:

> Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

>> Thus, the current draft opens up the possibility that the document
>> actually isn't aimed at a Russian audience at all. It could be that
>> the person who created the Web page only wanted to specify the
>> language of those comments he placed outside <html />.
>
> I don't believe this is a change from HTML4.

There is a change here. The current draft has removed the
http-equiv functionality from the META element. This means that
the author now is "free" to use it to specify the comments outside
preferences of his intended audience anymore.

To use "content-language" for that purpose in HTML 4, would be a
misuse.
--
leif halvard silli