Re: meta content-language

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:34:40 +0200
To: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@amazon.com>
CC: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

Phillips, Addison wrote:
> The main beneficiaries of good markup in the short term would be the
> page authors themselves, since authoring tools interact with stuff like
> spell- and grammar-checking that are strongly language influenced. And
> tools makers might very well provide better automagic tagging if they
> could improve their own features based on embedded tags.

Spell-checking indeed comes to mind. If I open this:

   <head

in IE, so "select all" and paste it into an empty MS Word document, Word
indeed understands which spell checker to use for the different paragraphs.

BR, Julian