Re: ***DHSPAM*** Re: Extensibility strategies, was: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

[[ ***DHSPAM*** ??? ]]?

http://intertwingly.net/blog/2007/08/02/HTML5-and-Distributed-Extensibility

> Did it receive feedback?

Yes, including

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Sep/0501.html

> Did you try to take that feedback into
> account to make the proposal address everyone's use cases?

It really isn't productive to go there.  The feedback was inconsistent,
often sarcastic, and generally attempted to put a higher bar in place for
this requirement than for other features that are in the spec.

Suffice it to say that I now see some potential promise for the proposal
that you have outlined.  I'm not yet convinced that it is usable enough for
people to actually consider trying it, but if it does end up getting
documented and used (which may involve tweaking the proposal), I can see it
as the basis for closing issue 41..

> > I agree with you that it is time for the chairs to weigh in.
>
> Ok.
>
> --

- Sam Ruby