Re: Extensibility strategies

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:39:58 +0300
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>

On Aug 2, 2008, at 14:44, Sam Ruby wrote:

> I'm much more inclined to support the idea of evolution than the
> notion of intelligent design.

Interesting that you mention ID in this context. I've noticed a
different parallel between this discussion and ID: It seems that
Decentralized Extensibility is to Namespaces what Intelligent Design
is to Creationism.

Is this thread and ISSUE-41 about coming up with *some* mechanism for
parties to extend HTML unilaterally without coordinating with anyone?

Or is this thread really about establishing a mechanism that involves
binding a prefix to a URI using reserved attributes starting with
"xmlns:" and then using the prefix in front of local names separated
by a colon?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi