Re: Comments on the recent changes to the alt attribute section

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:45:22 -0700
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

Lachlan provides a good review.  Some minor comments below...

For the text inside the {}, I think registration would be over-heavy.
However, a list of suggested strings and their uses might encourage
some sort of convergence.  Also, I assume that the intent is that
they be interpreted by the user-agent, rather than displayed to the
user, so translated versions are not needed (and indeed, would be
counter-productive).

The initial list could be those in the document.

I feel that an empty {} should be disallowed.

It appears not to be legal to have both a string and a {}
construction.  If we expect this state to persist, then perhaps we
don't need a bracketing pair of characters, but merely an initial
character?

--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime