Re: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote on 08/01/2008 02:27:03 PM:

[snip]

> As to the "fundamental assumptions" argument that it's not cost-effective
> to revisit the utility of namespaces and such in HTML... that this
> was documented as far back as the 2004 position paper by Opera and
Mozilla,
>   http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/papers/opera.html
> a big part of the social process of taking on the text of the HTML 5
> specification was to write many of the relevant design principles
> in the context of this W3C working group
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/

[snip]

> Opera and Mozilla are pretty clearly
> on record against decentralized extensibility.

The only previous mention of Mozilla that I see in your note is in the
paragraph I excerpted above.  It cites a paper that is against the overuse
of namespaces.  Is this the basis of your assertion that Mozilla is clearly
on record against decentralized extensibility?

- Sam Ruby