Re: [whatwg] several messages about the HTML syntax

I guess you'd have to actually use the program to get it.

See the "initialize" box on the right with the lower left slider [ 16
HDivide ].
If this were any other application, when you put your mouse over it
you'd get a tooltip saying "Horizontal Divisions of Current Object".
But in Z-brush you get that big rectangle with 2 paragraphs of useful
information.

Yes it doesn't really look like exactly like what I'd expect a tooltip
to look like since you can't see the mouse pointer in the screenshot
and the box of information should be directly underneath the HDivide
slider control.
Use your imagination :)

For the people I've introduced to zbrush they found the interface very
frightening (a lot more than photoshop) until I told them how to get
the extra large (useful) tooltips. It was still a monster of a program
after that but they weren't afraid of it anymore. Out of 9 people i
think 7 or 8 of them decided to read almost every large tooltip (of
the buttons immediately available in the default interface) before
actually use the application.

They didn't have to. But because the information was there in the
context of the interface itself instead of some separate help file
document they decided to read it first.