Re: [whatwg] several messages about the HTML syntax

On Apr 28, 2008, at 3:46 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> Maurice 2008-04-28 04.10:
>> I think longdesc should be expanded to all attributes.
>
> Did you mean to say that @longdesc should be expanded to all
> elements? Or to all <a href> elements? (In the code examples you
> only added it to the <a href> element.)

I think it  would be useful on all _elements_.  (if implemented
visually the way I want )

For example imagine a photo gallery management app where you can drag
and drop images to rearrange them.
Each image is in a div and the top of each div is styled to have a
thick blue top border (like the top of a Windows® window, the part you
use to move the window).

The title and alt of the image would be its user supplied caption. The
image's longdesc (big tooltip) could give instructions about what
happens if the user double clicks the image itself and the longdesc of
the draggable div would explain how to drag and drop them to rearrange
the images and how to ctrl+click to select more than one at a time.