Re: Image/Video/Audio Metadata (an alternative perspective of alt text)

Ivan Enderlin wrote:
> Marghanita da Cruz a écrit :
>>
>> Is there any scope for including/enhancing the metadata for embedded
>> content - or is the view that that should be embedded in the content
>> itself?
>>
>> eg Attribution - Graphic Artist/Photographer, Subject, Date Taken,
>> Type of Image (Photograph), rights, I currently include this in the
>> ALT text with the hope that it is displayed in the mouseover.  It
>> would also be useful to be able to format this.
>>
>> Though the information needs to be repeated  in the Title, to increase
>> the likelihood that it works for everyone.
>>
>> If there is no "additional information" title or alt text, it would be
>> useful if the browser provides this feedback.
> Hey,
>
> Maybe the @longdesc attribute should be usefull in this case, no ?

This could work for recording the information....though ideally - it would be a
file that could be viewed on its own, or linked to from another webpage, to
display the image only.

I have added a "longdesc", title and alt to the image at
<http://www.ramin.com.au/linux/review-of-html5.shtml>

In Firefox (linux & windows), the title displays, (when no title the alt did not
display), the longdesc shows up in the properties, but other than cutting and
pasting I can't get to the page easily. However, longdesc doesn't show up in the
properties in MSExplorer or Opera.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz