Re: Supporting MathML and SVG in text/html, and related topics

Le 16 avr. 08 à 12:49, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
> On Apr 16, 2008, at 13:30, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>> I don't know how big the holy name of backwards compatibility is
>
> *Very* big and *very* holy.

Unfortunately, that holyness can only be seen from the measured by
the eyes of the billions of users' experiences.
That is... backwards compatibility could mean, for a portion of them,
backwards compatibility to the many bugs of Netscape 4 or Internet
Explorer 5.

I don't think this is what you want although it seems that the
statistics seem to be the hammer argument here.

paul