Re: SVG in text/html

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:41:28 +0200
To: Andrew Emmons <andrew.emmons@quickoffice.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Andrew Emmons wrote:
> While it is encouraging that SVG in text/html is being discussed[1],
> we feel that the proposal tries to change the SVG syntax in a way
> that is incompatible with all implementations to date.  We feel that
> such change is outside of the HTML Working Group's charter and
> request that it be removed from the text/html specification pending
> further research into proposed solutions, in order to avoid premature
> implementation.

Wouldn't it be better for the current proposal to remain in the
specification so that it can be properly reviewed by everyone?  Then
people can raise specific issues and suggest appropriate corrections.
Removing it means that any future proposals are effectively starting
from scratch, which would be wasted effort.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/