Re: SVG in text/html

If browsers can provide an 'export DOM as XML' function as part of its
standard functionality, then my concern melts away with the proposal as it
stands (stood), since round-tripping then becomes feasible.  Has this been
considered by both SVG and HTML groups?

I seem to remember a discussion of such a mechanism as a requirement on
HTML5 User Agents that was rejected a couple weeks back...

Regards,
Jeff