Re: SVG in text/html

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:22:51 -0500
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Andrew Emmons" <andrew.emmons@quickoffice.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
If browsers can provide an 'export DOM as XML' function as part of its
standard functionality, then my concern melts away with the proposal as it
stands (stood), since round-tripping then becomes feasible.  Has this been
considered by both SVG and HTML groups?

I seem to remember a discussion of such a mechanism as a requirement on
HTML5 User Agents that was rejected a couple weeks back...

Regards,
Jeff