Re: The only name for the xml serialisation of html5

From: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:46:33 +1200
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: Chris Adams <chris@tuesdaybegins.com>, public-html@w3.org

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>> ... [people] actually have real world experience in using XHTML on
>> the web
>
> That's insufficient. You need experience implementing browsers and
> authoing tools, writing tutorials, working across device types, across
> scripts, with accessibility, and so on. (Fortunately, that experience
> exists).

What do you mean by this? What/who is insufficient? The
experience/knowledge of the members/participants of the WHATWG far
exceeds the experience held by W3C staff members most of which have no
idea (as I discovered this week through communications I had with W3C
staff members) how to use XHTML on the web today.

> ...experience implementing browsers and authoing tools,...
Opera
Apple and
Mozilla

All have 'real world' experience with implementing browsers and
authoring tools.

--
Dean Edridge
http://www.zealmedia.co.nz/