Re: ARIA Proposal

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:25:35 +0100
To: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Cc: public-xhtml2@w3.org, public-html <public-html@w3.org>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, wai-xtech@w3.org

I don't wish to speak out of turn here as there are many on this list
who know more about this stuff than I do but it seems to me that using
something that specifically says "This is an ARIA attribute" may be
easier to author as it's origin/purpose etc is explicit by the use of
the ARIA prefix. So from that perspective what Mathew suggests;

looks like a good idea. Or should the ARIA states/properties be authored
as more generic type elements that are hardwired into the spec rather
like the way heading and list elements or proposed elements a la
<figure> currently are?

Josh