Re: HTML 5 and Distributed Extensibility

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <list@asbjorn.ulsberg.no>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:42:30 +0200
To: "Peter Krantz" <peter.krantz@gmail.com>, "David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:53:54 +0200, Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What is the purpose of extending HTML 5 with custom elements?

The exact same as extending XHTML with custom elements.

> Can it be solved with RDFa which is on the agenda for
> inclusion in HTML 5 or is there a need for both?

Probably not. I actually think it's quite backwards: If we are able to
solve extensibility in HTML 5 (through namespaces or whatever), RDFa comes
along for the ride for free, just as well as all other extension languages.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no