Re: the document character set for text/thml serialization

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:57:23 +0200
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "HTML Working Group" <public-html@w3.org>

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 16:11:34 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> We really should answer the question we asked before: why would it be
> conforming to include those characters in the first place?

I can see a good reason to prohibit U+0000 (and that's done), but what is
the reason for making these other characters non-conforming? They are not
posing any interoperability problem and are also supported by the DOM. I'm
not sure why we should limit the HTML serialization here.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>