RE: @title's relation to accessibility

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 21:21:35 +0200
To: <public-html@w3.org>, <wai-xtech@w3.org>

At 00:32 -0700 UTC, on 2007-09-04, John Foliot wrote:

> Sander Tekelenburg wrote:
>>> Remember that "accessibility" doesn't just mean "readable to blind
>>> people".
>>
>> Within the W3C space, it does. I dislike it, but I think we need to
>> be realistic about it.
>
> I must take exception with this.

Sorry for my sloppy quoting. I meant of course that within W3C the term
"accessibility" means "access to the Web for people with disabilities"-- not
"universality".

As Jon gracefully pointed out, from both the rest of his message, as well as
the wiki entries I pointed to, it seems it could have easily been understood
that that was what I meant.

[...]

>>  [3] the HTML5 draft now says [...]
>
> This ship has not sailed yet, and "no longer requiring @alt" is far from
> conceded.  At best it is a suggestion, and one that is not universally
> agreed-to or supported. To suggest or consider otherwise is plain wrong.

I couldn't agree more. Not sure what point you're trying to make though,
given that I said "draft" and "now".

--
Sander Tekelenburg