Re: Ruby in HTML

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 18:56:00 +0200
To: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, "'Karl Dubost'" <karl@w3.org>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, michelsu@microsoft.com, "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, piro@p.club.ne.jp

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 18:37:19 +0200, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
> I thought the improvements alluded to by people like Anne related to the
> spec itself, rather than any particular implementations.

One of the bigger issues is integrating how ruby markup is parsed in
Internet Explorer with the HTML parsing algorithm from the HTML5
specification. Apart from that I suppose the specification should say what
things like

   <ruby>
     <rbc> ... </rbc>
   </ruby>

mean if you encounter them and maybe in general elaborate more what using
ruby markup implies for the meaning of the document (this is not really
clear from the Ruby Annotation draft imo).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>