Re: spec review: ping attribute

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Understood. But right now we have one UA (FF3) approaching release, and
> the FF developers decided to ignore the "should". This means that they
> are either incompetent (I don't believe that), that they implemented
> something better (they didn't AFAIK) or that the spec can't be
> implemented.

You missed option (d):  The functionality was implemented by one (non-UI) guy as
a test for an alpha release, no one's thought much about it since, and now that
this thread has reminded people of it it might get turned off for Fx3.

For what it's worth, I haven't thought of a sane UI for notifying the user of
"ping" yet.  But then again, I'm not a UI designer by trade.

-Boris