Re: ARIA States and Properties Meeting

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

public-xhtml2-request@w3.org wrote on 10/24/2007 04:19:26 PM:

> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 00:04 -0500, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> [...]
> > Background on ARIA markup inclusion discussion:
> >
> > B. The HTML working group proposes using hyphenated attributes:
>
> Perhaps some members of the HTML WG are proposing that; the HTML WG
> as a whole has not made any proposal.
>
> It would help me if you'd cite the proposal by date/author/url.

Dan you are correct. I grabbed a back level version of the note which has
said some browser manufactures and proposed the aria-. The HTML working
group has made no proposals.

> > 1. ARIA property usage depends on the language type -- it is not
> > consistent
> > A. XML uses namespaced attributes: ARIA properties can be used by
> > namespacing them, e.g. aria:activedescendant="[id]" per the ARIA
> > specification today.
>
> By that you mean, http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-aria-state-20071019/ yes?

Yes, that is the ARIA states and properties spec.