Re: Embeded label on selects

Julian Guy wrote:
> [...] For instance at the moment:
>
> <select>
>        <option value="0">Please Choose</option>
>        <option value="1">Option 1</option>
>        .... etc .....
> </select>

I've seen it done like that and also like this:

[[[
<select>
       <option value="">Please Choose</option>
       <option value="1">Option 1</option>
       .... etc .....
</select>
]]]

Some people could survey existing websites to see how authors are currently
doing this and whether there are patterns we could make use of. If this is
common, perhaps when the first <option> uses <option value=""> or exactly
<option value>, we can imply it is a label instead of an option?

Giving common markup trends native accessibility could be useful outside the
niche of table headers. If we spread the workload we could find out sooner.

--
Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
Collections of Interesting Data Tables