Re: Vendor Support for XHTML2 [was Re: role cardinality [was: Re: ARIA Proposal ]]

From: scott lewis <sfl@scotfl.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:32:26 -0600
To: Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
Cc: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>

On 2 Oct 2007, at 2048, Robert Burns wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> I  think you misunderstand the meaning of those documents. Those
> apply only to the work of this WG and do not reflect anything about
> the future of the participants involved with this WG. All of us are
> free to develop technologies for any standard we wish.

I didn't suggest anyone was bound by anything, nor did I suggest that
anyone's freedom was constrained. You had suggested that we humble
members of the HTML WG could not possibly know the intent of the
browser vendors regarding XHTML2 support. I pointed to public
statements of intent from three major vendors. That's all.

Have a good day,
scott.