Re: style attribute, only on font?

Martin Atkins wrote:
> I don't to speak for whoever wrote that in the spec, but I believe that
> some are suggesting that it's better to twiddle the value of
> node.className and have the actual style rules in a stylesheet.

Yeah, that's not really practical if all you're doing is an animation (that is,
setting style.left and style.top repeatedly).  There is no class to use, and you
might be animating a large number of elements (see
http://www.speich.net/computer/moztesting.php the "Slow (3D) DHTML performance
compared to ie" link), or you might be positioning things in a way that can't be
predetermined (e.g. following the user's mouse pointer).  Neither use case is
really served by a predetermined stylesheet with one class per possible position.

-Boris