Re: Request for clarification on HTML 5 publication status (ISSUE-19)

I pass over much of Ian's message, and address one point only :

Ian Hickson wrote:

> The one decision that the HTML WG _has_ made up to this point was to adopt
> the WHAT WG draft wholesale, so it seems that this objection is ill-timed.

The HTML WG agreed to adopt the WHAT WG /as a starting point for
future discussion/.  The omission of these words in Ian's message,
and the ?deliberate? addition of the word "wholesale"  could easily
lead the naive reader to believe that this group had agreed to adopt
the WHAT WG draft unconditionally.  We have not.

Philip TAYLOR