Re: A bit of electioneering on the <canvas> charter issue

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> >
> > We should interpret the charter as covering all reasonable application
> > and document features. Otherwise, we will have to recharter every time
> > someone realizes we are missing important functionality that doesn't
> > already have a detailed line item in the charter.
>
> Such a charter interpretation creates a good chance of HTML5 never being
> complete.  There are a lot of ideas that somebody out there considers
> reasonable.  And next year, there will be more.

I don't think that's a real danger. We can always say "no". Indeed, that
has been the default answer to almost all proposals since work on HTML5
started in 2003/2004; an idea usually has to have a lot of demand to get
beyond the proposal stage.