Re: Users & Requirements for Intro Docs? - Re: Feedback on "Offline Web Applications"

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Justin Thorp wrote:

> Do we have any requirements for what and to whom we're trying to
> communicate to with these intro documents?  Are they for browser makers?
> Are they for the web app developers?  Are they for everyone?  The
> requirements, goals, and audience of the doc would color my comments.

The main goal of the "Offline Web Applications" draft is to bring the
offline Web application components in HTML5 to the attention of people
who have not yet seen HTML5, so that we can get their review and comments,
with the goal of making the spec better.

On the long run this draft may get repurposed as a general introduction to
the features in HTML5.

> Also... is the intention to publish it as a WG note?  What about doing
> it as a stand-alone article on the HTML WG web site?  Or just
> w3.org/html ?

The original intention was to make this a Note.