Re: Feedback on "Offline Web Applications" (Editor's Draft 17 November 2007)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:22:42 +0100
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> So when someone *does* use CR for line breaks, what would you expect UAs
> to do?

My preference would be not to have to think of this at all, and use XML
instead.

If a plain text format is required, I would not make a single CR a line
end, and let recipients treat it as a single CR without line end
semantics. If they do so, people producing junk will quickly notice and
fix it.

Best regards, Julian