Re: Getting started with issue tracking

On 11/2/07, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Question: Is there a way to distinguish issues that are in the following
> states?:
>
>  * Newly added
>  * Written in the format described in the template and e-mails above
>  * Read, considered, and handled by the editors
>  * Closed

According to the current Tracker feature set, _no_:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/features

"Very simple schema. Actions have a title and a due date and are
assigned to a single Working Group member. Issues have a title, a
description and are related to a product. Issues can only have two
states (OPEN and CLOSED)."

Though the planned features suggest it is on the way:

"More states for issues - allow issues and actions to be in more
states than simply OPEN and CLOSED. (Note that I'm hesitant to do this
because the CDF group have had a lot of success with only the binary
states)."

I'll ping the Systeam and see what the status of this feature is.

I sorta like the minimalism+immediacy of OPEN vs. CLOSED but I do wish
there was a way that arbitrary keywords could be applied to an issue.

-s