Re: taking HDP seriously (was Re: HTML Design Principles to WD?)

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 17:40 +0000, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
> aloha, anne!
>
> a few observations on your reply to steven faulkner:
>
> quote
> Overall, I don't think we should take these principles too strongly and
> just see them as one of the many inputs the HTML 5 specification has. As
> the HDP document says, these are rules of thumb.
> unquote
>
> 1. why have a principles document if we shouldn't take them too "strongly"
> and seriously?

I wonder if you're mis-reading what he wrote. Taking design principles
too seriously means, for example, applying them blindly without
considering other relevant information. He didn't say "don't take
them very seriously"; he said "too seriously".

> 2. if the principles document isn't a high priority for you, anne, why
> not let someone else edit the document?

That is grossly out of line. Anne has done nothing to prevent
anyone else from editing the document.

On the contrary, he has contributed in ways that noone else
(save perhaps mjs) has been willing to do.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E