Re: 'role' should be property

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:19:34 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

Hi Thomas,

> If you have no control over the document, you cannot add a link to the
> "rolesheet".

Of course you could, in just the same way that you can choose your own
personal stylesheet. The problem today is that there is nothing in
between writing a full-blown GreaseMonkey style of script, and
changing stylesheets to get some CSS. There's lots of space in
between.

> Just use a transformation tool (XSLT* or another tool of
> your own using CSS-like selectors) to add the role= attributes where
> you think they should be and let your accessibility interface or
> metadata storage system consume the transformed version instead of the
> original one.

Thanks. I'm well aware that you can hack anything if you put your mind
to it. And you would prefer to use such a hack rather than Dmitri's
proposal, because the letters 'C', 'S' and 'S' seem to imply to you
'presentation' rather than something else?

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer