Re: Form elements

From: Dave Child <dave@ilovejackdaniels.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:33:48 +0100
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

> 2) Changing the default rendering for form elements would not be
> acceptable. It would break massive amounts of deployed form content.

I'm relatively new to the working group, so my apologies if this has
already been addressed / answered. I'm sure it has, but I've not been able
to find any information on this topic.

Presumably, user agents will render future versions of HTML depending upon
the page's DTD. Unless UAs started assuming documents were written in a
new version of HTML despite a missing DTD indicating this, I don't see why
existing form content would be broken. Is the issue the authors themselves?

Would somebody please be so kind as to explain what I'm missing here (or
to point me to relevant emails in the archive)?

Dave

--
www.ilovejackdaniels.com - Web Marketing and Development