Re: Form elements

From: Shawn Medero <smedero@ldc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 07:36:38 -0400
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On May 25, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> Schalk Neethling wrote:
>
>> Myself and a colleague have done some tests regarding forms. Form
>> in general are HELL for developers and designers. Why can we not
>> ensure that all form elements that are not already block level be
>> block level. The majority of web users prefer to have forms laid out:
>> label
>> form element
>> label
>> form element
>
> Though I agree with the sentiment, I'd say: "majority of users" ...
> based on research or personal opinion backed with a small straw-poll?

There's a bit of published research about form element positioning...
though the only thing I can find in my del.icio.us links at the
moment is an eye-tracking study that didn't give a whole lot of
participant detail:

http://www.uxmatters.com/MT/archives/000107.php

I'm not saying this is conclusive "majority of users" stuff - just
pointing out it for reference.
Shawn