Re: Do we need the restrictions on the <base> element?

On Tue, 29 May 2007 12:38:44 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:
> On 29 May 2007, at 12:19, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>
>>  3. Implementing something like base= dynamically costs a lot.
>>     (As far as I know we still have issues with xml:base because of
>> that.)
>
> What are the costs?

In theory you would need to reiterate over the entire subtree, calcuate
the new URIs and start fetching the new resources. <base> doesn't have
this problem, as it is only taken into account during parsing. baseURI and
xml:base, however, are defined in a different way.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>