Re: 'role' should be property

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:17:45 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

2007/5/22, Dmitry Turin:

> I strongly disagree to make
> "copyright, error, example, issue, note, search, warning"
> values of any attributes: neither 'class', nor 'role'.
> Because it's not comfortable to specify values of attribute
> in _many_ tags in _one_ document ('copyright' maybe exception in this list).
>
> I think, that "error, example, etc" should be values of [CSS] property.
> Name of property is deal of taste, for example name can be 'role'.

I second Patrick H. Lauke that "roles" have nothing to do with
styling. Moreover, I strongly believe they must appear in the *markup*
for documents to be "accessible" without the need for any external
resource. (I'm a believer that CSS should be optional and web sites
remain accessible without stylesheets).

--
Thomas Broyer