Re: @role, @class, @id and copyright information

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:19:17 +0200
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 5/16/07, Bruce Boughton <bruce@bruceboughton.me.uk> wrote:
> But what semantic value does "this role occurs only once on the page"
> have?  Surely the UA can tell it occurs only once by its occurrence?!

Example (a bad one) : "the copyright role sould be present 0 or 1 time
on an ressource, and indicates the copyright of all the content of the
page. If there is more than one occurence of the role, the last one
should be the only taken into account."

Note that if i write a page about a picture, i cannot indicate the
copyright of the picture with that spec example by using
role="copyright" (that's why I propose a scope).

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/