Re: @role, @class, @id and copyright information

The way I see it, class attribute values act as a foreign key in the
document, i.e. their definition and meaning are stored outside of the
document (with the exception of microformats, the storage is Web
developer's brain). On the other hand, id attribute acts as a primary
key, identifying a fragment of markup. If this is indeed the case, I
would advise against applying pre-defined semantics with the id
attribute, thus converting it into some sort of hybrid of foreign and
primary key.

The naming and placement of ids should not be constrained or regulated.

:DG<