Re: Do we have data? (Was Re: "Pave The Cowpaths" Design Principle)

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Henrik Dvergsdal wrote:

> I guess this one goes to Ian then: Where is it posted? Would it be
> possible to re-post to this list?

One set of data is here:

   http://code.google.com/webstats/index.html

That was taken from the original research I did for HTML5 back in 2005. I
have continued to do that kind of research to support the decisions that
I've made as editor since then (e.g. I have data on the distribution on
the number of <base> elements per page, ignoring <base> elements with
duplicate values), but I haven't published the data anywhere since it's
somewhat tedious to have to write it all up (basically, I can either write
it up and publish it, or I can edit the spec, and the latter seems to be a
better use of my time).