Re: The Semantic Debate

From: Bruce Boughton <bruce@bruceboughton.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 12:09:48 +0100
To: Alan Dean <alan.dean@gmail.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org
Alan Dean wrote:
> Is this not exactly what the RDFa working group is tackling?
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/
>
> I think that having a generalized means of expressing embedded
> semantic data makes a great deal of sense. Leveraging RDF also makes
> sense. Not inventing the same wheel twice makes the most sense of all.
>
> Should there be an effort to sychronize the efforts between this group
> and the RDFa group to avoid conflict and to ensure common conformance?
>
> Regards,
> Alan Dean
> http://thoughtpad.net/alan-dean

Indeed, it does seem to be!  I wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel, only
illustrate what I was saying.  It's very hard to keep track of all the
relevant technologies outside the WG that affect HTML5.

So my example would seem to become:

    Why not come along to <a href="http://www.themusicpark.co.uk/"
    property="lastfm:event" content="196939">Music Park 2007</a> in
    Brighton this June?

Or does this need to be enclosed in a tag with an @about attribute?

Bruce