Re: Testing Accessibility Re: Accessibility is for everyone

Hi Preston,

Adding to Charles excellent tool references and experience, may I also
recommend another method?

As part of the minority of Technical Writers that hand-code their web-based
documentation (using the Visual Studio 2005 IDE Source Code editors), I ask
a colleague who has been blind from birth to review my tutorials through the
JAWS screen reader (produced by Freedom Scientific). I find that regardless
of my attempts at testing the accessibility of my markup, presentation and
behavior code, there is no substitute for the feedback/comments from a
visually/physically challenged user adept with assistive technologies. As
well as using various tools mentioned by Charles, may I suggest that you
develop a working relationship with someone experienced in this environment?
If there is a fee needed to accomplish this, IMHO it will be money well
spent.

Kind regards,

--
Frank M. Palinkas